Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to Life of a USA K-Pop Fan! Here I will express my thoughts on all things K-pop and Korean. I have been a fan of K-pop for 10 years now, and it has been an amazing experience that I am grateful for. Let's explore the world of K-pop together!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

KARA's Seungyeon updates fans + Debate about KARA adding new members


KARA's Seungyeon updated fans that she would be carrying out various schedules in the Philippines. Her drama "Her Lovely Heels" which also stars Hong Jong Hyun will be premiering soon on SBS Plus.


This leads me into my next topic. There have been rumors circulating about whether or not KARA will add new members to the lineup to replace Nicole and Jiyoung. DSP Media at first denied that they were going to add new members, but rumors started to spread from various officials that they may add new members. When I first heard that Nicole and Jiyoung were leaving KARA, I went into mourning. I've followed KARA since Pretty Girl and I remember reading about Hara and Jiyoung replacing a member back in 2007-2008. But this leads me to wonder if DSP are going to add new members to KARA like they did back then. I think Kamilia are divided about it. I think it would be good for them to add new members because it would bring a freshness to KARA and possibly revive their popularity because they are sorta on a decline. At the same time, I don't want Nicole's and Jiyoung's place to be filled by strangers. I know that Gyuri, Seungyeon, and Hara can carry on as a trio. Maybe it would be good for them. Maybe DSP could try a test run with the trio and see what happens and then possibly add new members? I don't know. I guess I'm divided as well. I'm patiently waiting confirmation from DSP about something though. Should I continue to mourn or hope for the best? Seungyeon looks beautiful in that picture by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment