Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to Life of a USA K-Pop Fan! Here I will express my thoughts on all things K-pop and Korean. I have been a fan of K-pop for 10 years now, and it has been an amazing experience that I am grateful for. Let's explore the world of K-pop together!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Should Idols have SNS accounts?


Lately a lot of idols have been criticized for their use of Twitter and other SNS accounts. A Dal Shabet member spelled "smile" wrong and it ended up being news worth reporting. I think it's crazy. So what? She spelled "smile" wrong. It's not like English is her first language. People criticize idols too much. They are human too and they make just as many mistakes.

Do I like that idols have SNS accounts? Yes. I like to see the human side of them and see what they are up to and see what they take pictures of. I thought it was cute that she misspelled smile. Evidently she did it on purpose, but people still talked badly about it. Whether she did or didn't, it was still fun. A lot of idols have been deleting their accounts to prevent criticism. They should be able to do what they want to do. Let them have SNS accounts. As long as they don't go too overboard, I don't see what the problem is. The only thing the I don't like about SNS accounts is when idols apologize for a major scandal on them. I think it is because they don't seem official enough and to me that comes across that they really aren't sorry. Especially when they do it on Instagram. Posting a picture of yourself smiling and then apologize for something. That tells me that you aren't that sorry.




No comments:

Post a Comment