Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to Life of a USA K-Pop Fan! Here I will express my thoughts on all things K-pop and Korean. I have been a fan of K-pop for 10 years now, and it has been an amazing experience that I am grateful for. Let's explore the world of K-pop together!

Monday, February 3, 2014

SM The Ballad Comeback!



I am excited for SM The Ballad's comeback! Miss You was an excellent mini-album. The title track and other promoted track Hot Times were beyond superior to normal ballads that come from K-pop. There is a line up change that I feel could have been handled better. The original line-up consisted of Super Junior's Kyuhyun, SHINee's Jonghyun, TRAX's Jay, and a rookie named Jino. Each had such strong rich voices and each live performance was spectacular. I was kinda hoping they would comeback with just one replacement. If anyone deserved to stay it was Jino. He hasn't debuted in any other group or as a soloist yet. Instead, the new line up will consist of Super Junior's Yesung, Girls' Generation's Taeyeon, EXO/EXO-M's Chen, SHINee's Jonghyun, and f(x)'s Krystal. I'm happy they added girls to the group and since everyone has such a distinctive and powerful voices I know the mini-album will be good. I don't think they are going to have a song together though. It was reported Jonghyun and Taeyeon would have a song together and that Chen and Krystal would also have a duet. Taeyeon and Yesung will also each have solos. I hope they have a song together as a whole group. Otherwise, what's the point of SM The Ballad? I wish Kyuhyun would've stayed too. His voice is too attractive to not have him included. Perhaps Yesung's military service is what prevented the ultimate collaboration of the new SM The Ballad. Either way the album will be successful and it will be full of good songs. But why not give the fans what they really want to hear? There will probably be an update about this, so let's hope we get a song as a full group!

No comments:

Post a Comment